How to Wash Different Types of Car Seats
Are you comfortable riding in a car that is smelling bad after the smelly liquid has already left its mark? I think nobody loves to ride a car that is too dusty and bad -smelling. And the only way to prevent this is to regularly wash and clean your car seats as well as the interior of your car.
Why it’s important to wash your car seats
Regardless of what type of material is used with that item, it is the most vulnerable part of your interior that dust will enter. It is even vulnerable to bad odor if it is made of sheepskin or wool. However, you should not get discouraged from using this kind of seat cover. If it makes your interior beautiful, then go for it.
When you have kids who spend any significant amount of time in your car , messes on your car seats are inevitable. Even if your kids don’t damage too much on the interior of your car, it is predictable that they can spill food or throw up while strapped into the car seats. It’s not about the kids for whom you’ll clean and wash your car seats. After a long time usage, your seats and interior of your car are bound to become grimy and messy over time. It can cause diseases from the dirty car seats. That is why it highly recommended that you wash your car seats in a regular interval.
Ways to Wash your car seats
Is it possible to wash your car seats using the washing machine? Don’t think about it. Before washing your car seats, please read recommended washing instructions vary depending on the model and brand of car seat. When you want to wash your car seats, follow the manufacturer’s original manual or online. There are some hand washing techniques you can use to wash your car seats. But here we are going to know some common but useful techniques to wash your car seats.
Materials you may need to wash your car seats
As we don’t know what materials you’re using for your car seats, we cannot exactly tell the materials you require to wash your car seats. However, we have listed some common tools that you can use to wash your car seats.
- A vacuum cleaner
- Fabric cleaner
- 2 buckets
- A laundry detergent or car upholstery cleaner
- Leather conditioner
- A sponge
- A chamois
- Microfiber towel
- Dish soap
- Warm water
- Baking Soda
- Spray Bottle
How to Wash Fabric Car Seats
Before you begin, you may test the above cleaning products on a small area of your car seats first, so that you can make sure that the materials will not damage your car seats.
- At first, vacuum the seats. It’s highly recommended to remove all debris, dirt, and crumbs using a vacuum cleaner. You can use any vacuum cleaners from household cleaner to smaller hand-held
Vacuum cleaner to vacuum up any debris from the seats.
- Use a fabric cleaner and spray it all over the car seat. You can even use cloth cleaning product to clean cloth seats instead of an all-purpose cleanser. Make sure there is no dirt underneath the cloth.
- Fill one bucket with hot water. Soak a sponge in the hot water bucket and scrub each seat individually. Make sure the seats are not too wet.
- Fill another bucket with cold water. When your seats look clean, use the microfiber towel it to scrub excess dirt and detergent from the surface of the seat.
- Repeat the entire process again and again until the area is clean.
- When you are done washing your car seats, don’t forget to vacuum the area again. And, finally, wait for the seats to finish drying before you are ready to drive again.
How to Wash Leather Car Seats
Leather car seats are one of the most comfortable and luxurious additions to any vehicle. But, in most cases, it is hard to maintain their showroom perfect looking without regular cleaning. Let’s see how you can wash and clean your leather car seats with easy-to-follow steps.
- Prepare the environment to wash your car seats by vacuuming the seats to remove all debris, dirt, and crumbs using a vacuum cleaner. It is recommended to use an upholstery brush attachment to avoid damaging the leather. Use a brush to remove dust and strains from the nook and corners of the car seats.
- Fill a spray bottle with warm water and make a mixture with a heaped teaspoon of detergent and fragranced products. This will erase the bad smell and leave the upholstery smelling fresh.
- Fill spray bottle again with warm water and three-quarters full with vinegar.
- Spray the mixtures on the car seats and upholstery from a short distance. Spray on the particular areas where there is too much dirt.
- Refill the spray bottle with cold water, rinse the seat with a microfiber towel and let them dry before using the car again.
Clever cleaning tip for leather car seats
Once you’ve washed and cleaned your car leather car seats, you’ll like to keep them fresh for a certain period. To keep your car seats fresh and dirt free, don’t forget to use leather conditioner once in every two-three months to protect car seats from the sunlight, heat, and above all dust.
Now, you know all possible hacks to wash your car seats. Do remember that you should follow the guidelines of the manufacturing company to avoid damages and unwanted changes to your car’s interior. Choose the cleaning solution that is for your car seats and easy to apply. Finally, you can set a rule for using your car to avoid dust and strain. For example, you may not allow people to eat inside your car. You can even disallow people to enter in the car if someone has mud or dirt on their shoes.